Digital Strategist – Job Description
BuzzShift is searching for someone with 2-3+ years of general knowledge in the following digital areas with a deeper specialization in preferably two:
- Paid Media
- Social Media
- Content Strategy
- Website & UX Design
- Data & Google Analytics
This is a job that comes with many hats:
This position is a mix of a consultant, trends finder, investigative journalist, storyteller and digital strategist.
This job is for you if…
- You geek out when you’re asked to review a client to the nth degree to predict trends and suggest changes and growth areas.
- You smile when we ask you to “show us your deck”. Because first, that’s a little funny and then second – because you love tell stories through decks and presentations.
- You aren’t bored at work because there is always something to learn or someone to help.
- You live and die by tying your recommendations to data. “If you do X, your business will achieve Y”.
- You can find anything on the internet regardless of whether or not you have a fancy tool and you’ll always make sure to cite where you found this information.
- You LOVE researching new tools, trends, and analyzing the up and coming things in digital marketing.
Other characteristics we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Experience with pitching and recommending tactics within slide decks (with concise copy and supportive visuals)
- Comfortable with presenting your ideas and experienced handling critical feedback from internal leadership teams and clients
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Critical & big picture thinker
- A sense of humor
- A sense of adventure and new experiences over all else
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising. With relevant work experience, areas of study like psychology, sociology, communications, etc. are great!
- 2-3+ years of building strategies at a digital agency handling a strong mix of different clients in different fields.
Design Intern – Job Description
Looking to have a little fun with pixels (and, for you interns, get some college credit), while being part of an amazing, stupendous, magnificent team? Then we’re looking for you!
BuzzShift is looking to add Design Intern to our already wonderful stable of creatively inclined individuals. Hopefully, you’re either someone well into your design major or a bit removed from it, and have a fairly extensive design background. If you don’t, well – let’s be honest – you probably wouldn’t be reading this, right? Right!
We’re an impossibly fun group, and we get sh*t done, so we hope you’re the same. Check out our simple list of stuff you should have and shoot us your resume and folio! Surely, if you fit the mold, we’ll be in touch! Enjoy!
You’ll be designing high quality, high-impact content for brands, so a great design eye is a must. We are 99% web, so you should be someone who knows the difference between designing for web/social and designing for print. So what we are saying is…. interactive design understanding is a major plus (mobile/web).
You should have at least an intermediate (but preferably a very strong) understanding of:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Lightroom (Plus)
- Canva (Plus)
- Designing for the Digital Realm (the Interwebs)
It would also be awesome if you had an interest in learning the basics of web development, especially as it pertains to the workings of WordPress. Yes, we do a lot in WordPress, but we also have a great development team whose knowledge you can absorb. So, you should at least be curious and have the desire to learn and grow – and you will learn a ton.
You should be detail oriented, tech savvy, enjoy being around people (because, hey, we’re people) and being part of a team; communicating well and having the ability to juggle a few projects at once are great qualities as well. We move fast and loose, but don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of help and guidance!
If you have a Dribbble, Behance, or other online portfolio, let us see it in your application!
Oh, also, benefits are for full-time employees – but we’ll make sure you’re very well taken care of!