Grow With BuzzShift
You do you. We’re too busy for micromanagement, so we prefer to work with leaders and learners who know how to get stuff done. Ready to take the next step in your career?
We Thrive on Variety
We believe that the best teams are made up of different types of people who share a common goal. Our team is a mix of strategists, writers, designers, developers, introverts, extroverts, dog lovers and cat lovers, but we’re all brought together by a love for digital strategy. Our diversity makes us stronger, smarter, and, most importantly, more creative. And if you come in for an interview, there’s no need to wear a suit. We’d rather meet the real you.
5 Reasons to Work at Buzzshift
- You’ll be challenged to grow.
- Your ideas will matter.
- You’ll be an all-star on an all-star team.
- You’ll get to do what you love.
- It’s just f***ing fun.
We have a habit of caring for our employees. We’re built on doing the most good. Here are a few things you can expect when you work with us.
Competitive Salary Health, (Medical, Dental, Vision) Insurance Plan, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, A Shiny New Macbook Pro, Open and Relaxed Office Environment
If you love market research, competitor analysis, and turning big ideas into actionable insights, we’d love to talk with you.
BuzzShift is searching for someone with 2-3+ years of general knowledge in the following digital areas with a deeper specialization in preferably two.
- Paid Media
- Social Media
- Content Strategy
- Website & UX Design
- Data & Google Analytics
This is a job that comes with many hats:
This position is a mix of a consultant, trends finder, investigative journalist, storyteller
This job is for you if…
- You geek out when you’re asked to review a client to the nth degree to predict trends and suggest changes and growth areas.
- You smile when we ask you to “show us your deck”. Because first, that’s a little funny and then second – because you love to
stories through decks and presentations. tell
- You aren’t bored at work because there is always something to learn or someone to help.
- You live and die by tying your recommendations to data. “If you do X, your business will achieve Y”.
- You can find anything on the internet regardless of whether or not you have a fancy tool and you’ll always make sure to cite where you found this information.
- You LOVE researching new tools, trends, and analyzing the up and coming things in digital marketing.
Other characteristics we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Experience with pitching and recommending tactics within slide decks (with concise copy and supportive visuals)
- Comfortable with presenting your ideas and experienced handling critical feedback from internal leadership teams and clients
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Critical & big picture thinker
- A sense of humor
- A sense of adventure and new experiences over all else
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising. With relevant work experience, areas of study like psychology, sociology, communications, etc. are great!
- 2-3+ years of building strategies at a digital agency handling a strong mix of different clients in different fields.
- The Digital Analyst will be responsible for tracking and analyzing the performance and success of digital marketing products and online campaigns, including client websites, microsites, apps and online marketing campaigns such as PPC, Blogging and Social Media campaigns.
- Based on the data and analytics, the Digital Analyst will build the foundation for proactive data-driven strategic recommendations for all BuzzShift clients to boost the performance of BuzzShift products and services.
- The Digital Analyst will also be responsible for analyzing customer data and managing customer segmentation strategy processes.
The Digital Analyst is expected to:
- Develop and effectively analyze digital products and online campaign behaviors, configuring and implementing digital analytics technologies, and interpreting data for a diverse and varying client base.
- Support initiatives to educate clients and Client Services to actively identify opportunities through analytics for new digital initiatives.
- Play an active role in identifying methods and tactics to start tracking ROI for digital initiatives.
- Potentially support efforts to determine the success of
omni-channelcampaigns with and without digital components.
- Monitor the success of social media, PPC and blogging campaigns and analyze trends and optimization opportunities. Identify new revenue opportunities through
optimizationof digital services and online marketing campaigns for all clients.
- Implement benchmarking metrics in order to compare BuzzShift Digital metrics to industry metrics.
- Support enterprise development efforts if they will include data or performance dashboards with analytics intelligence and strategic guidance.
- Have a business mindset and an approach that recognizes that great analytics are only valuable if they lead teams to action.
- Be the measurement and analytics expert for enterprise, website and microsites projects, identifying reporting requirements, monitoring the reporting implementation, and evaluating post-launch metrics.
- Define key performance metrics for user behavior and marketing effectiveness (user growth, engagement, abandonment, campaign ROI, segmentation).
- Recommend and implement the right set of tools that will enable tracking including
useof tracking tools, user interface assessment tools, conversion andsite optimization testing methods, and other tools as the leader sees fit to deliver on driving and acting on insights into the business
- Share research findings and best practices including customer insight, benchmarking, and industry updates.
- Be the subject matter expert on web analytics, user behavior, data analysis, and reporting.
- Capture and display data in clear, simple dashboards that link back to activities of the team and can be easily adopted by the organization, leading ultimately to business growth.
- Set up weekly and monthly analytics reports, and providing analysis, by
client, as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
yearsprofessional work experience, including working with digital analytics or digital marketing strategy or at least 1-2 years.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Analytics, and Keynote / PowerPoint. SQL preferred.
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Ability to automate data download processes as needed.
- Experience working with digital analytics solutions, including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Raven Tool, Social Media Monitoring Tools, etc. preferred
- Strong communication skills will be imperative, and the ability to work with all individuals throughout the organization, including the senior executive team.
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of statistics and mathematical principles.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, ability to multi-task, self-driven.
- Organized, self-motivated and detail oriented, problem solver.
- Knowledge of the web, internet, and FTP technology
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting technique2.
- Travel as required by
Digital Creative Strategist
We are looking for an intelligent, experienced Digital Creative Strategist who can manage multiple social media and content channels (email, blog, web) for various clients.
You will work within the Content & Creative team, and partner with Paid Media and Project Management teams to lead the content process from ideation to publication for both organic and paid digital content. Daily, you will also be responsible for driving creative strategy for various clients, outlining content plans and concepts, maintaining editorial calendars, and publishing content on
You need to be detail-oriented, adaptable, empathetic, and a creative storyteller and communicator. Your listening and written communication skills combined with patience and quick thinking will get you through resolving any challenge that comes your way. Your self-starter mindset and personal accountability will allow
Content Planning + Strategy:
- Manage and maintain web and social media content calendars and campaigns.
- Identify content trends
ondigital initiatives drawing on your knowledge of copywriting, video and graphic design, and social media channel nuances and audience behavior.
- Work closely with copywriters, designers, strategists
andproject managers to create and plan relevant, new digital, social and mobile content strategies and campaigns.
- Compile and analyze content performance (both qualitative and qualitative insights) and recommend
high levelgrowth opportunities monthly.
- Serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert to our clients, and industry thought leader to the media.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges.
- Nurture social media communities through daily monitoring, publishing
- Ability to communicate digitally with a high level of precision (no spelling errors) to reflect the brand persona in a timely manner with the ultimate goal of fostering brand loyalty and grow affinity.
- Understand and embrace the expectation that social media operates outside of traditional business hours.
- Ability to use online listening, curating, publishing and measurement platforms and tools effectively.
- Attention to detail that surpasses most humans on desktop and mobile.
minimum2-3 years of experience in a digital domain – experience with social media, community management, copywriting, email, digital storytelling, mobile andtechnology solutions.
- Strong understanding of copywriting, editorial calendars, content ideation
andmapping, brand persona, and customer service.
- Expertise in identifying and forecasting emerging trends in the digital content space.
- Ability to convert and implement strategic plans into tactical ones.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent typist, great listener
- High comfort level leading brainstorms and ideation and filling up whiteboards.
- Combination of right and left-brain thinking that challenges the status quo.
Jr. SEO / Web Specialist
We are looking for an intelligent and knowledgeable Jr. Search Engine Optimization / Web Specialist to join our team. You will plan and develop strategic optimization plans for our clients to help their online content succeed in driving organic traffic to their sites. You will work with clients to apply industry-standard SEO techniques to their websites, and you will champion SEO within the agency.
- Measure and track site ranking factors, keywords, internal and external links, and site content.
- Review and audit the sites to drive change that comply with best practices (including schema.org) to improve crawlability.
- Perform SEO Audits and drive the implementation roadmap of on-page optimization
- Implement SEO tactics and ensure that sites are search-engine-friendly
- Conduct keyword research and identify opportunities to drive more qualified traffic through a coordinated search strategy alongside of the paid media team
- Monitor the performance of clients’ SEO strategies and provide recommendations for ongoing optimization
- Stay current with search engine trends to develop and improve SEO practices within the agency
- Participate in inter-team meetings to discuss and recommend strategies that influence creative direction and overall media plans
- Explain complex SEO and data insights to clients regularly to review campaign objectives, statistics, and optimization strategies
- Implement approved SEO changes to the websites and execute on yours or agency recommendations
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-3 years of experience in SEO
- Understanding of SEO core elements including, but not limited to, on-page and off-page tactics, optimization of site navigation, internal linking structure, URL structure, title tags, and meta descriptions
- Knowledge of the use and benefits of schema, advanced link-building tactics and content development
- Working knowledge of Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Google Analytics 360, and using 3rd party tools like Yoast, SEMRush, and Screaming Frog
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- Ability to have challenging but productive business conversations
- Passion for building long lasting client relationships across various industries and verticals
- Extremely strong analytical skills, with a data driven approach
- Ability to extract trends and insights from complex data sets
- Understanding of business-related concepts and the interrelationship between key metrics
We’re looking for people who are not only artists, but creative problem solvers.
We’re looking for a creator, a hacker, a learner; not simply an artist.
Our next Graphic Designer will work in the digital space on everything from social media content to animation to websites to presentation decks for our awesome clients (so a deep experience and intimate understanding of digital media and interactive is a must). This individual needs to be able to shift from one project to another without missing a beat with a smile on their face. And they’ll be expected to provide and present top tier design work to each and every client over the phone and in-person.
But for real, we’re on the hunt for a designer with foundational creative and technical skills with a need to hack the system. Strategic at their core, our next designer is willing to pull something AMAZING together on short notice in order to drive results (even if that means using existing
Remember: A passion for design and the desire to innovate (for the customer, not just for yourself) is important in taking on this role. Good communication skills and ability to think critically are also key in working with everyone from our strategists, project managers, developers, paid media managers, and the rest of the creative team.
- Ideate and create ongoing digital content for client campaigns; including, but not limited
to:social media graphic design, animation / motiondesign, web design / UI design, and layout for pitch / strategic pieces.
- Develop design patterns,
tool kits andassets for reuse and consistency on video, graphics, and web.
- Pitch design concepts and ideas both internally and in client-facing presentations.
- Lead and guide. The capacity to bring ideas to the table and help other members of the creative team implement ideas is paramount.
- Work independently and with teammates – so we need someone who can both do what they’re told to accomplish the task(s) at hand, or self-start in order to get something rolling with the larger unit.
We are looking for someone with:
- Keen interest and empathy for the customer, and designing for the customer
Strongembodiment of our culture (it’s fun, collaborative, and always exciting)
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience in a related field
- Design background of 3-4 years (digital agency experience is preferred)
- Strong understanding of tools of the trade; Adobe CC i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Keynote, etc.
- Experience with animation & motion graphics
- UX/UI design skills, HTML/CSS, and WordPress experience are a major plus, as much of what we do entails thinking through web and landing pages
Digital Strategy Agency ISO short-form copywriter. Must love character counts, witty wordsmithing, punny posts, good grammar, and dogs.
We’re looking for someone who appreciates the art of a good headline, knows what a quality score is, can write CTAs that drive people TA, and has strong feelings on the use (or non-use) of Oxford commas. The ideal candidate enjoys writing (or even possibly speaking; you do you) in different voices, from buttoned-up Fortune 500 firm to funky tech startup to inspirational nonprofit. Having a background in sales or marketing, an uncanny attention to detail, or a canny sense of humor are all plusses.
- Writing ad copy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, etc., for a wide variety of clients
- Writing organic social media post copy, also for a variety of clients
- Proofreading and editing the gibberish we sometimes write
- Writing effective headlines and page titles
- Writing and editing blog posts, landing pages, and the occasional full website or two
- Generating ideas and concepts for new clients and campaigns
- Researching to understand disparate clients and concepts well enough to write knowledgeably about them
- Generally getting people to convert
- A minimum 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing or advertising
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Ability to write in a variety of different voices, styles, and formats
- A willingness to work collaboratively
- Organized enough to meet deadlines
- That’s pretty much it, really
Do you have what it takes to work at a Premiere Google Partner? Then…uh…come work at a Premiere Google Partner.
Paid Media Manager
We’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding and love for all things related to primarily paid search (SEM) as well as other paid media channels (social, performance display, and retargeting). This position will manage all aspects of primarily paid search and additionally paid social campaigns including keyword and audience research, pulling business impact insights from data, providing strategic recommendations, segmentation tactics, managing budgets, presenting to clients, and creating monthly reports.
This individual will work with the internal paid media team, development team and project managers to execute primarily paid search and additionally social campaigns while leveraging established business processes, technology, and creative assets to meet the needs of the business.
- Research, develop, and manage paid search campaigns in Google Ads and Bing and paid social campaigns on paid social ad platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Maximize paid search and paid social ROI: perform daily optimization of campaigns, budget allocation, bidding management, ad creative testing, and landing page testing
- Wow our clients with strategic Keynote / PowerPoint presentations of paid media deliverables with recommendations and action steps along with ad-hoc requests
- Define creative specs needed for each campaign and work with creative team to secure all needed creative assets to launch client campaigns
- Monitor and evaluate paid search / paid social results using industry standard tools like Google Webmaster Tools, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Raven Tools, Moz, Rival IQ, and Salesforce reports to identify areas for improvements and report on key performance indicators, benchmarks and return on investment
- Analyze client’s competitive landscape by viewing competitor sites for target keywords, search engine positioning, linking and other marketing strategies.
- Analyze user website behavior and provide insights and recommendations for improving performance in achieving client objectives
- Implement Google Analytics and ad platform conversion tracking via Google Tag Manager
- Brainstorm and build plans around ways we can win with online advertising for new business pitches
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data nerds, developers, project managers, and creatives to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Be on the lookout for the newest and trendiest advertising technology tools that we can use to improve our client’s campaigns
What we are looking for:
- College degree in marketing, finance, accounting, journalism, publication relations, film, media or business required or equivalent work experience
one yeardigital marketing experience at a reputable advertising agency, media company, or brand (preference for advertising experience)
- Experience in strategizing, developing, executing, optimizing, and measuring all forms of paid media/direct response marketing (i.e. SEM, Display, Mobile, Social, Content Discovery Networks, YouTube)
- Minimum one year experience with Paid Search management & Web Analytics tools, including Google Analytics, MS Excel/Google Sheets, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Ads Editor
- We’d love it if you are Google Ads and Google Analytics certified, but it’s not required
- Understand key metrics such as CTR, CPC, CPA, ROI, keyword density, and long-tail keywords
- Strong analytical focus with the ability to independently implement optimization findings and passion keyword and paid search research.
- Willingness and ability to be hands-on in getting deep into data analysis while balancing multiple priorities and brands
- Experience with MS Excel / Google Sheets and MS PowerPoint / Keynote
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
Please, somebody come keep us on track.
Digital Project Manager
- Define, clarify and create project documentation including scope, schedules, project status reports, estimates and other documents as necessary.
- Schedule and prioritize client deliverables collaborating with
- Provide input and direction on client strategies.
- Coordinate and lead regularly scheduled project meetings to identify required actions to achieve timely completion as well as documenting all meetings and communication.
- Coordinate multiple resources and review of quality outputs for complex client deliverables.
- Clearly communicate project objectives, timeline, detailed tasks, and desired outputs to internal and external team members. Monitor the completion of all jobs milestones through the agency and update schedules and team members as required.
- Proactive in following up with clients and team members to ensure projects/tasks are on schedule and delivered on time.
- Suggest and implement alternative solutions to problems with timelines, schedules, resources
- Review all client deliverables to ensure high-quality, professional outputs that meet client expectations.
- Engage and motivate all necessary team members to ensure a successful client experience and outcomes.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising. With relevant work experience, areas of study like psychology, sociology, communications, etc. are great!
- 2-3+ years of managing projects at a digital agency handling a strong mix of different clients in different fields.
Be part of something great
Before starting any project, we focus on analyzing the people and personas we’re trying to reach, and our objectives for reaching them. Only then can we come up with a smart strategy, and determine the technology or platforms to use. And of course we’re always testing and measuring the results so we can optimize our efforts.
Work with awesome clients
Get In Touch With Us
Don’t be shy, say hello! We’ll utilize every tool in our digital arsenal to empower you to listen to your customers, reach out to potential clients, engage with relevant audiences, and increase revenue opportunities. All you have to do is drop us a line.